Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Render Study 1


Here I have two studies that I cropped out from the Sushi Bar (found below). Both of the originals are on the left. I scanned in two quick sketches that I drew of the original. From there I just played around with creating my own brushes and trying to replicate the technique of markers. I learned the effects of opacity and the advantages of using a layer mask.

This was my first study. I believe is shows a good example of the techniques of marker. As for matching the original?? it could use some work. I tried a few different ways to capture the grain in the photo but I think it could use more color saturation in areas.







This study turned out better than the first. There could have been more darker and lighter areas but overall I'm content.

3 comments:

  1. looks great Karmen!! looks like you are getting the hang of photoshop. You said you tried a few different ways to capture the photo's grain. What did you wind up going with? I also can't wait to see how you are going to interpret it into your own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry too much about the grain issue, I think it looks just fine (even a bit better) without it. As far as suggestions, you might try using a few thicker lines here and there (like on the bottom of the yellow display box); sometimes thicker lines can be just as useful as saturation in giving attention to an object. For not being too familiar with PS, you're doing pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karman, It's working great. Like Jacob said, don't forget that you will need to do an original interpretation of the technique to demonstrate mastery of what you learned. It can also be a small study.

    ReplyDelete